Social Media Manager
EducationUSA provides comprehensive resources for high school students, parents, current students, teachers and all individuals interested in higher education in the United States, as well as provides assistance for U.S. universities and colleges seeking to work with international students and institutions of higher education abroad.
The SM manager / EducationUSA adviser conducts an in depth market analyses in the below mentioned countries to identify the channels that work best; set up those channels (pages) , test-run and oversee functioning of region specific social media channels, their configuration and provision of message clarity. The SM manager/ EducationUSA adviser is also responsible for facilitating digital programming: creation of short videos, arranging live streams, etc.
The EducationUSA Social Media Manager supports permanent advisers in Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus with well-grounded social media campaigns content plan developed based on regional specifics and channels to provide wider online outreach in these countries.
Position, based in Moldova, Chisinau, starts November 2019.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
KNOW THE BASICS (20%)
• Understanding the system of U.S Higher education and its main advantages
• Understanding the application process for Undergraduate and graduate students
• Understanding mission and vision of EducationUSA worldwide; profound knowledge of corporate brand book
• Understanding EducationUSA programs developed for local markets of Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS MANAGEMENT (50%)
• Perform in-depth market research and analyses on available and best to use social media channels for Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus. Develop country-specific marketing plans for local staff to follow.
• Oversee design, development and update of social media platforms including all events posts, including paid posts
• Collaborate with EdUSA staff in respective countries to collect, organize, edit and produce media content
• Monitor social media content and ensure that information displayed is eye catching; accurate and current
• Ensure pages accessibility, adaptability and SEO optimization
• Monitor and report various analytics to track social media posts and publications efficacy (including conversions and industry standard averages as well as ROI)
• Provide strategic communication and marketing planning in the use of social media channels and other media to provide wider online outreach
DIGITAL CONTENT and PROGRAMMING (30%)
• Coordinate the production of interactive multi-media content to further be used in the social media channels
• Perform troubleshooting and data restoration for social media channels
• Conduct staff trainings on local social media channels and the ways to utilize its capacities through clear online message
• Develop social media campaigns plans and effectively communicate them
• Prepare regular reports on activities.
• University degree or specialized secondary education in computer science, web development or a related area 1+ years of job-related experience in IT duties
• Working experience developing websites, ideally using the WordPress platform
• Profound knowledge of social media channels and audience migrations
• Analytical skills (developing charts, diagrams) to report on performance
• Attention and adherence to detail, accuracy, timeliness, tact and confidentiality
• Flexibility and ability to work as part of a team and in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiasm for American Culture and Educational System
• Participation in large scale campaigns in VK; FB, Youtube and other networks
• Copywriter skills; Online quiz and gamification;
• Working knowledge of software programs such as Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Reader)
• Knowledge of SEO
• Fluency in English Language
By October 22, 2019, 17:00 hours Chisinau time, interested candidates should send a short cover letter, a CV in English a writing sample (blog posts, press releases, articles or other contributions, other writing assignments) and a list of at least two references to : email@example.com noting Social Media Manager EducationUSA adviser in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.